Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Beginning

In the beginning, there was THE GUIDE.

The Hitchhiker's Guide, in fact, to the Galaxy.

In The Guide, a group of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings demand to learn the Answer to the "Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" from the supercomputer, Deep Thought, specially built for this purpose. It takes Deep Thought 7½ million years to compute and check the answer, which turned out to be 42. Unfortunately, The Ultimate Question itself is unknown.

Like the hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings', my Ultimate Question is unknown.

Unlike the hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings', my Ultimate Answer is unknown. (I might be wrong, but I don't think that it is 42.)

Here, I attempt to answer my Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. I do this using my battered and dropped but nevertheless trusty Olympus E-510, through the apertures of a small battery of lenses.

Why? Because I can. Because the moment the shutter clicks, I capture the details that people rarely see and the vastness that people rarely appreciate. I see the World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower.

This is my story. This is my window to the world. Window to my life, my universe and everything else.













No comments:

Post a Comment